English Teachers For Spain
Madrid, Spain 0 Year
Elementary/Primary/Junior School,High/Secondary/Senior School,Conversational English
Native English Speaker
875 - 1000 Euro (EUR) monthly
Do you want to teach English in Spain next academic year? Become a Language and Cultural ambassador with ConversaSpain, which currently works with more than 250 public schools in Madrid or Murcia. This program will provide support moving to Spain, health coverage, initial trainning, and advice for every day practical non-school-related matters.
- Deadline: January 3oth
- Program length:October to the end of May/June (precise date TBC)
The conditions and requirements for the Auxiliares de Conversación are different depending on the region participants choose:
Teach in Madrid
- 16 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days
- €1,000 monthly stipend
- Mostly rural and pueblo locations
- Requirement: university degree
Teach in Murcia
- 15 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days
- €875 monthly stipend
- Anywhere in region of Murcia
- Requirement: high school diploma
Meddeas, a Spanish organization renowed for cooperating with private schools in Spain, has developed ConversaSpain, a spin-off with its dedicated team and brand. The corresponding regional Education Authority is in charge and of any school-related matters.
Fees/Costs and available Options in Madrid
- Basic: €1,275
- Basic + 140-Hour TEFL Course*: €1,675
- Basic + Immersion Week in Madrid: €1,775
- Basic + TEFL Course + Immersion Week: €2,100
Fees/Costs and available options in Murcia
- Basic: €1,050
- Basic + 140-Hour TEFL Course*: €1,450
- Basic + Immersion Week in Madrid: €1,550
- Basic + TEFL Course + Immersion Week: €1,900
* The 140- Hour TEFL and Teaching English to Young Learners Course is a co-branded TEFL course that includes the following modules: grammar, methodology, video observation, teaching larger classes and young learners. The online platform is available 24/7 and tutors are professional and available within 48h. A TEFL certificate will be sent by post to students´ adresses.
Requirements to Participate
- Citizen of a country where English is the official language. The Spanish public administration will only accept participants with passports from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, the US, South Africa, and Jamaica (TBC)
- Applications accepted from candidates aged 18 to 60
- University degree in any subject or at least high school diploma (depending on the region)
- Speaking Spanish is not required
- Job placement and monthly stipend ensured (€875 in Murcia and €1,000 in Madrid)
- Private health insurance (non-EU participants)/ EHIC converage (EU participants)
- 15-16 teaching hours per weel in 4 consecutice teaching days
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
- Welcome document and pre-departure assistance (visa process and bank account)
- Help with the police registration process
- Induction meeting in the region: initial training, orientation, and meeting with other participants
- ConversaSpain support while in Spain
- Access to a multimedia platform; MOOC course, resources and information
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program (Regional Education Authority)
- Activities held under the supervision and guidance of school teachers
- Four different programs available (TEFL course/and/or immersion week available if wanted)
1 - 25
ConversaSpain is a Spanish organization that cooperates with more than 250 public schools in different regions in Spain. It offers inspiring, challenging and rewarding opportunities to potential English language assistants from all over the world who want to . With ConversaSpain, native English speakers can teach English in Spain as language and cultural ambassadors in public schools in Madrid or Murcia (Auxiliares de Conversacion program).
Meddeas, a Spanish organization renowned for cooperating with private schools in Spain, has developed ConversaSpain, a spin-off with its dedicated team and brand. In fact, Meddeas supports ConversaSpain with its expertise. The corresponding regional Education Authority is in charge of the placements and of any school-related matters.
Created with the aim of providing high-quality experiences for hard-working and creative ESL teachers, ConversaSpain helps students in Spanish public schools with exposure to English from native speakers.
With ConversaSpain, participants teach English in Spain to students in Elementary, Middle, and/or High Schools in the public system. Tasks and teaching activities will vary from day-to-day, but it is a supportive role. Indeed, participants aren't in charge of an entire class, nor are they responsible for students' final grades or any serious disciplinary action. ConversaSpain are looking for truly dedicated ESL teachers who can fully embrace their role in Spain.