TEFL/TESOL Teachers For Spain
Spain 0 Year
Nursery/Kindergarten,Middle/Junior High School,High/Secondary/Senior School
Native English Speaker
880 - 930 Euro (EUR) monthly
Are you TEFL/TESOL certified and eager to gain valuable professional experience in Spain? The application period to become a Language Assistant in a Spanish private school is now open. Participants with a TEFL/TESOL will join our Advanced program, which includes a teaching-related training given by a university (paid by the program). They will teach 20-25 hours per week, and receive a monthly grant (€930-€1,162), and ongoing in-country support. This is a serious and structured program with no fees, which enables participants to teach English in Spain and gain international experience.
Deadline: candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP or at least before January 31st 2019
Start Dates & Program length - Sept./Oct. 2019 to May/June 2020: academic year in Spain
-Jan.2019 to May/June 2019: Currently, only open to EU passport holders due to visa deadlines
Desirable candidate profile:
- Recent graduates (last four years) OR last-year university students
- TEFL/TESOL certificate preferred (not indispensable)
- Previous teaching experience will be valued
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Energetic and creative
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required
- No criminal records
Desired Skills: intercultural skills, cultural awareness, creativity, language skills, team working, public speaking, patience, maturity, autonomy
The Role of a Language Assistant
During one academic year, participants will teach 20 to 25 hours a week in one of the 200 schools Meddeas works with. A Language Assistant is a speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
After one year teaching English abroad, Language Assistants add transferable skills to their CVs, such as public speaking, language skills, creativity, team working, topic preparation, patience, maturity, autonomy, and cultural awareness.
Main Perks of the Programme
- Professional placement in a Spanish school, teaching 20 to 25 hours per week
- Guaranteed monthly pay, more than enough to live in Spain as a young professional
- Certified Expert in Bilingual Education course (20 ECTS) given by a Spanish university and paid by the programme.
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)- Spanish public healthcare coverage
- Help opening a bank account- Program run by a serious and professional organisation
- Ongoing in-country support from the school’s tutor and from Meddeas
- Initial training and teaching workshops
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program
- Children aged two to eighteen. Learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced
- No fees attached
1 - 25
Meddeas is a Spanish organisation present five countries that supports multilingual teaching in more than 200 educational centres. It offers the opportunity to teach English in Spain through Language Assistant programmes and provides consultancy services. Recent graduates from all over the world have already joined our programmes.